The Nevada Beta chapter of Tau Beta Pi holds a number of meetings each year:
- General Business Meeting: Members discuss upcoming chapter activities.
- Information Meeting: Eligible students are presented with the history and purpose of Tau Beta Pi and the process of becoming a member of the Nevada Beta chapter.
- Meet & Greet: New initiates meet current Tau Beta Pi members and ask questions.
- Candidate Election Meeting: Tau Beta Pi members elect candidates for membership.
- Officer Election Meeting: Tau Beta Pi members elect officers for the following year.
- Officer Meetings: Officers discuss the direction of the chapter's activities.
The award-winning Tau Beta Pi Engineering Futures Program was founded more than 20 years ago in response to a need to provide engineering students training in the "soft skills," those non-technical skills necessary for success in the workplace but rarely included in engineering curricula. The Engineering Futures Program received national recognition as winner of the 2007 Excellence in Engineering Education Collaboration Award.
The Nevada Beta chapter of Tau Beta Pi hosts Engineering Futures workshops throughout the year. It is open to all who want to attend, but attendance of at least one session is required for candidates. If you are a candidate and cannot attend, please notify one of the officers to make alternate arrangements.
The Nevada Beta chapter of Tau Beta Pi hosts a banquet at the end of each spring semester to honor student inductees, eminent engineer inductees, officers, and Professor of the Year Award winners.
The 2017 banquet took place on Thursday, April 27, 2017, at 6 PM @ Bucca di Beppo (Flamingo & Paradise).
Every semester, we look for new ways to collaborate with the College of Engineering's student organizations and event coordinators to hold more events that interest and benefit the student body. If your organization wishes to collaborate with us, feel free to contact us!